If you have eCommerce business and not using power of social media, it’s time to catch up. If you are selling your products or services online then you should have proper social media profiles of your business and you should have used it. Social media is the powerful marketing way to bring more customers and get engaged directly with the public. I am sure, if you might don’t know but your competitors are already utilising social media as a marketing strategy.
Social media is the powerful marketing way to bring more customers and get engaged directly with public. I am sure, if you might don’t know but your competitors are already utilising social media as a marketing strategy.
In order to set up and make a plan, it’s better to look at other brand that are not only developing successful campaigns, but are also bossing the day to day management of their network.
What are the platform that I can use for my ecommerce business?
Costa coffee shop UK’s facebook page has over 10 million likes and they kept the page regularly updated with new competition, new products plus bright and impressive images making the page even more user attractive…
The plain post makes the post dull promoting new products and nor engaged people to like and share the post. Normally, they are keeping their facebook page updating with one post every day.
This strategy tells us,
- keep the things visual – Updates with bright and large images perform better than those without and poor quality ones.
- Enrich the post with interesting links, quotes and relate content created by yourself and others.
- Reply the comments with smart ways, be ready for both positive and negative comments to deal with it.
Impressed with Costa coffee’s twitter profile, it looks more attractive than facebook… Their big images are the highlight of the page. They have shared brand’s photos and innovative videos using Vine app too.
The takeaways to Costa Coffee’s approach -
- Use proper and popular hashtags and do not afraid to think outside of the box and plan updates which are humorous but keeping in mind of brand’s reputation.
Many ecommerce business using YouTube for product demonstration and for making announcement of new website or app.
In addition to this, in may 2014 the company has added a coffee cooler demonstration video which has been viewed by more than 187K times.
These tells us -
- Be different whatever you do – new product demo, testimonials videos are useful, video content thrives on creativity and more user friendly too.
With more than 100 posts and 23,587 followers, Costa have worked hard to develop their Instagram presence. They have updated regular pictures and videos to make their instagram page interactive with the audience.
Points to consider for Instagram and Pinterest
- Commitment and patience important to developing profiles and build up followers , it will not happen overnight.
- Don’t just share posts but like and comment on relavent posts too.
- Be organised with clear hash tags and content.
How you can use social media sites?
For any social media sites, it’s important to keep the page active by updating and sharing regular posts, images or videos regularly. The images that you use for the page, should have big and high quality ones because images does better job.
Here are some ideas to keep the page active -
- Promote your new products and services
- Give discount codes and vouchers
- Share useful content
- Organise an online competition
If you are interested and would like to build strong online presence on social media sites, why not ask our social media experts and have a look our social media consultancy examples here that gives your brief idea or you can get in touch via email or call us on 01753 878 435.