We have been tasked with creating a new SEO WordPress development website for Royal Warrant holding Shield Pest Control, a leader in pest control services in UK.
Apart from a dated design, the company’s old website was not serving its purpose as a lead generation tool. This was caused by a multitude of elementary errors, which caused issues preventing the website from performing well in search engines.
Some of the obvious shortcomings included:
- extraordinary duplication issues caused by the site’s faulty construction
- incorrect use of header tags and meta data
- overall shortage of relevant, useful content
- no access to the root of the site (due to previous developer going bust), which meant any on-page optimisation was impossible
- lack of Google Analytics tracking (no insight into actual traffic sources!).
More about SEO WordPress optimization.
Bespoke WordPress Design
Building the new website as an SEO WordPress development meant that we could improve and modernise the site’s design. This was done while providing the client with a optimized, flexible, open source CMS (Content Management System) – WordPress.
From research, planning, through to design and development, the entire process was focussed on creating a website that would be:
- useful and easy to navigate by visitors
- open to search engine optimization
- easily managed internally by the client.
Keeping the site simple to the human eye, we have worked on WordPress SEO to give the new website and client a good chance of building up organic traffic. This was achieved through:
- structuring the homepage to hold more and relevant content in an optimised structure (SEO taxonomy);
- including Facebook, Twitter and Google (+1) buttons in the site’s header to give visitors the opportunity to share/promote the website via Social Media channels;
- advising the client on SEO-friendly content creation;
- training the client on the use of provided WordPress SEO tools.
Bespoke WordPress Development
This project also included development of a WordPress bespoke module. Shield Pest Control requested a new functionality, which would allow them to create multiple secure pages, each holding sensitive, login-protected content shown only to approved visitors – their clients – instead of being openly available to all site visitors.
We have delivered a bespoke solution which Shield Pest Control now successfully uses to provide information and documents to their clients in an efficient and secure manner.
Contact us or call 01753 878 435 for a competitive SEO WordPress development quote.